Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Wandering Soul

Words come by and words leave you alone. But some words tend to carve out a place in your soul forever.

--

António Nogueira Pessoa and his words.

I don't know how many souls I have. 
I've changed at every moment. 
I always feel like a stranger. 
I've never seen or found myself. 
From being so much, I have only soul. 
A man who has soul has no calm. 
A man who sees is just what he sees. 
A man who feels is not who he is.

Attentive to what I am and see, I become them and stop being I. 
Each of my dreams and each desire belongs to whoever had it, not me. 
I am my own landscape, I watch myself journey - Various, mobile, and alone. 
Here where I am I can't feel myself.

That's why I read, as a stranger, my being as if it were pages. 
Not knowing what will come and forgetting what has passed, I note in the margin of my reading.
What I thought I felt. Rereading, I wonder: "Was that me?" God knows, because he wrote it.

--

Oh, such beautifully written words.

No comments:

Post a Comment